If you feel that your website needs some modernization to touch up its look it is the right time to plan the redesign. And you must take into account that planning and preparation for your site redesign are the most important steps you must think over very thoroughly. You need to define your goals and set the specific purpose before you start implementing something in order not to miss any important aspect at the very beginning.
1. At first take look at the current website you have and examine its every area highlighting its advantages and drawbacks. Thus you will see clearly which parts should be improved and in what way you are going to do it to achieve the desired result. Website redesign doesn’t mean constructing from scratch; it is based on the present look of your web pages which require something to be upgraded.
2. Thinking over the changes you’d like to make you need to take into account your target audience as well. Define accurately which particular information your customers and partners are interested in, to which sections they pay the most attention and then you will be sure that you are on the right track to the successful redesign of your website.
3. Planning to redesign your site pages don’t forget to evaluate your customers’ feedback – this may help you a lot. Take into consideration their opinion and wishes and you will be able not only to give your website a look your customers will definitely like but become more user-friendly then before. If there are some specific clients you can address to directly reach out and ask them which particular changes within your website they would like to see.
4. Another important aspect that will help you to prepare for your website redesign better implies the evaluation of your competition. Just pick up several websites of your competitors and confront them with your own one highlighting the features that you are satisfied with and the features that you think could improve your site if were added. Reckoning with your customers feedback and competition evaluation you will get a kind of list of additional options and content which could be added to your new website.
5. Measure the scope of changes your website will undergo as it will help you to estimate the time and expenses you will need to launch your redesigned website. This will become especially important if you are going to link it to some marketing campaign.
Website redesign may appear to be a long and laborious process but if you neglect all the preparations listed above you will spend much more time and efforts on correcting the mistakes you have done because of missing important points from the start. So don’t rush and plan your website redesign carefully to receive the most benefits at the end. And make sure you browse our diverse selection of website templates to get the better idea of the new look for your new website. Meanwhile, we’ll continue familiarizing you with valuable tips for successful website redesign and if you have something to say now feel free to share your own opinion.