Nowadays world of strong competition in web design requires exceptional skills and deep knowledge of the trends and basic rules. Being a freelancer you for sure know how hard it is to create a design that will become a successful website. Here are some simple tips that will help you achieve the goal and create the most successful websites. Make sure you are doing everything right and your clients will be satisfied.
* Do not use huge images. Everyone knows how awful a slow website is, even if it is exceptionally beautiful. Thus, try to use images that are not bigger than 10-12KB. The latest trend of minimalism in web design is your best friend here. The less pictures you use the better your website looks, and the better it functions.
* Hold on to the standards. Being different isn’t always good, 3 column layout is that popular because it is actually simple to use and navigate. Though don’t be afraid to experiment, just know when enough is enough.
* Use easy on the eye, common fonts. Always remember about the people that will visit your websites when you design them. Imagine how your own eyes would react on this or that font. Using common fonts you guarantee that your client’s visitors will see the site correctly. Try to use matching fonts that won’t disturb the visitors.
* Never forget to test everything twice, or thrice, or even more. Make sure that every single thing at your website works properly at every major browser.
* Remember that the customer is always right. Being a freelancer you for sure know how hard it sometimes is to deal with clients. They may be wrong, very-very wrong, still, they are right and you’ll have to deal with that on a mature level.
Keeping up with these simple tips you’ll get one step closer to the top of web design Olympus.
Do you have your own web design tips? Do share them with others in the comments below.